The following resources are there to help you pray, reflect, breathe and find your centre and to help you to remember that God is with you in the most difficult of times.
You could simply read these things at your computer… or if you wanted to you could take time out, light a candle, choose a hymn/reflective piece of music and use these resources to help you worship at home.
- A sermon for worship at home. Preached by Rev Sheridan on Sunday 22nd March at 7pm via Instagram live.
- A sermon in times of crisis. Preached by Dr Steve Tomkins on Sunday 15 March 2020
- A song by Anselm (see below) from 1109 which has a particularly helpful resonance at the moment
- Time to Pray – the church of england. It’s free and has prayer during the day (a short midday prayer, daily and seasonal) and night prayer. This is a lovely resource (also available as a book) and is a very simple, structured and liturgical way into prayer. Very easy to use and calming.
- Pray as you go – this is also free and has a daily reading with some music and a short reflection. Takes about 10 minutes. It’s really lovely and you can just listen to it. It’s very calming too.
- #livelent – also free. This is a daily action, prayer and bible reading for Lent – with ideas for individuals and family.
- At home lent reflection pack (PDF)
- Mothers Day 2020 sermon web version (PDF)
- Mothering Sunday 22nd March web version (PDF)
- Prayer at home (PDF)
- Spiritual communion (PDF)
- Ways to pray if you can’t get to church (PDF)
Church House Bookshop – great list of Christian books in a time of crisis https://chbookshop.hymnsam.co.uk/
Updates on the situation, prayers, resources for worshipping at home www.churchofengland.org/ – updates, prayers, resources for worshippping at home
Tons of resources for deepening your spritual life while in isolation https://silenceteaches.com/2018/11/17/sounds-true-waking-up-the-world/
Please stay safe, take deep breaths, look after yourselves and your crew and look out for your neighbour.